Our “Fun”damentals dance classes are designed for students age 8 through adult with an emphasis on learning the foundation of dance skills while also having fun! We are an award-winning studio with a commitment to age-appropriate dance education. Developing the passion, integrity, confidence and strength in young dancers is our number one priority.
Our faculty are lively experienced teachers who have extensive training and a commitment to creating a supportive and encouraging atmosphere. Dancers may take as many or as few classes as they desire each week. We offer Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip-Hop, Acro, Pointe, Lyrical and Break-dancing. Dance Elektra welcomes absolute beginners as well as those with previous dance experience into our “Fun”damentals dance program.
- Ballet – An artistic dance performed to music, using precise and highly formalized set steps and gestures.
- Attire: Black leotard, pink tights, revolution ballet slippers, skirt (with teacher approval)
- Jazz – A dance form that is matched to rhythms and techniques of upbeat pop music. Jazz encourages the dancer to add their own personalities to make each step fun and unique.
- Attire: Black leotard, tan tights, form fitting shorts or pants (with teacher approval), tan revolution jazz shoes
- Tap – A dance which the rhythm or rhythmical variation is audibly tapped out with the the toe or heel of the dancers shoes.
- Attire: Black leotard, tan tights, form fitting shorts or pants (with teacher approval), tap shoes (brand/style depend on class – ask teacher)
- Hip-Hop – A popular energetic dance style that usually is performed to Hip-Hop style music. Dancer learn moves such as popping, locking, waving, gliding, etc…
- Attire: Form fitting black or purple shirt, black sweatpants, sneakers (specific brand/style depends on class – ask teacher)
- Acro – Combines classical dance technique with acrobatic elements such as; flexibility, balance, back-bends, walkovers, handsprings, headstands, handstands, tucks, etc…
- Attire: Black leotard with black shorts or Black bike-tard, no shoes required
- Pointe – An advanced form of ballet where a dancer performs on the tip of her toes wearing shoes specially designed for this technique.
- Attire: Black leotard, Pink Tights, Pointe Shoes (brand/style depends on dancers foot), black skirt (with teachers approval)
- Lyrical – A style of dance created by merging ballet and jazz. It is characterized by fluidity and grace where the movements are defined by the lyrics of the song.
- Attire: Black leotard, tan tights (convertibles may be necessary), black skirt, shoes (specific brand/style depends on class – ask teacher)
- Break dancing – An energetic and acrobatic style of street dancing often performed to Hip-Hop or Rap music.
- Attire: Black or Purple t-shirt, Black sweatpants, sneakers (specific brand/style depends on class – ask teacher)